No, your money is not lost. You can still very much track that Western Union transfer without your MTCN.
MTCN, which means Money Transfer Control Number, is a number used to track money transferred through financial institutions like Western Union. The MTCN is issued by the particular financial institution at the point of initiating the transfer and can be used further on to track the transaction.
The downside of the use of MTCN is that it can easily be misplaced or forgotten. Being fully aware such situations might arise, Western Union also allows its users track their transfers without the MTCN.
Apt, isn’t it?
In this article, you’ll learn 3 different ways to track your Western Union transfer without the MTCN.
Tracking Your Western Union Transfer Using Phone Number
This method of tracking a transfer uses the sender’s or receiver’s phone number.
If you have the sender’s or receiver’s phone number, use this method to track your Western Union transfer:
- Open up Western Union Track Transfer page in your web browser.
- At the bottom of the page, just below the Continue button, tap on ‘Don’t know the MTCN?’ link.
- On the next screen, select whether you’re the sender or receiver.
- Also make sure the ‘Sender’s phone number’ is the option selected.
- After that, fill in the necessary details in the text fields displayed.
- Tap on the Continue button afterwards.
Tracking Your Western Union Transfer Using Names
This method comes in handy when you know the correct names of both the sender and receiver.
Follow the below procedure to track your Western Union transfer using your names:
- Open Western Union Track Transfer in your web browser.
- Below the Continue button, tap on ‘Don’t know the MTCN?’ link.
- On the next screen, select if you’re the sender or receiver.
- Choose the ‘Sender and receiver names’ option.
- Fill in the necessary details in the text fields.
- After filling in all details, tap on the blue Continue button.
Tracking Your Western Union Transfer Via The Customer Care
Although this method is not a clear-cut way of tracking a Western Union transfer, it should work. After all, we all understand what the two words ‘customer care’ mean, right?
To use this, simply put a call through to the Western Union Customer Service on 1-800-325-6000 and follow the instructions.
I’ll advise you only go through this method if all else won’t or didn’t work though.
And just here ends the article. Hope it was helpful? If it is, help share on your social pages.