Western Union is one of the world’s leading financial services and communications company. It allows users send and receive funds, track transfers, pay bills, and more.
If you recently received money with Western Union, this article will put you through on how to pick it up easily and hassle free!
How to Receive Your Money from an Agent
There are a couple of ways to pick up your received money. However, the agent option is more widely used and probably safest.
#1. Locate an Agent
You’ll have to locate an agent first. Most banks around are agents though, so you probably just have one close to you.
To save yourself the time of having to walk into every bank asking if they allow Western Union money pick up, you can simply use the Western Union online Agent Locator.
- Open this link in any web browser.
- On the next page, enter a location where you’d like to receive the money in the field and click on Search afterwards.
- On the next screen, you should see a map. The black pointers on the map indicate the agents around the area speculated.
- Tap on a pointer for more information – the name of the agent, address, and more.
#2. Fill Form to Receive Your Money
At the agent’s place, you should be given a form to fill. This form will be verified before you can receive your money.
- You’ll need the Sender’s name – first and last.
- Where the money was sent from.
- Test question and answer – the sender would have set this when sending the money and then give you the information.
- Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) if required.
#3. Present ID and Completed Form
Present the completed form to the agent clerk and your government-issued ID. The ID is needed for verification purpose.
#4. Get Verified and Collect Your Money
The agent clerk will check your ID and verify your details. Sign the receipt. Collect your money.
Receiving Your Money Directly Into Your Bank Account
Aside the agent option, you can also receive your money directly into your bank account. Simply tell the sender to select this option when making the transaction. And that’s it!
Hope this article was helpful? Share to help others see it too.