A cardless withdrawal comes in handy in many ways. You could visit an ATM, only to find out there you didn’t even hold your card along with you; or you could need to withdraw urgently, but you have misplaced your card; or you could get caught up in a situation you really need cash, but you don’t have your card with you. The list goes on and on.
This post explains the usage of the cardless withdrawal services of major banks in Nigeria so you can withdraw anytime you need to and never get stranded.
How to Use GTBank Cardless Withdrawal Service
To use GTBank cardless withdrawal service, follow the below procedures:
- From the mobile number you registered your account with, dial “*737*”.
- Input “8” to select Next Page.
- Input “1” to select Cardless Withdrawals.
- Input “1” to select “GTBank” or “2” to select “Other Bank”.
- If you chose “Other Bank”, enter Terminal as “1” or “2” to select “ATM” or “POS” respectively.
- Input your desired amount to withdraw.
- Enter a 4 digit code to set as your Cash-Out PIN.
- Enter your pre-selected 4 digits PIN to complete the request.
- You should immediately receive a reference code via SMS.
Withdrawing your money from any GTBank’s ATM
- On any GTBank’s ATM, press the Enter
- Select the “Cardless Withdrawal(GT-Rescue)” option.
- On the next screen, punch in the Reference Code you received via SMS on your mobile phone and proceed.
- Enter Amount – the same selected during your request on your phone.
- Press the Enter button, the ATM should dispense your cash.
Withdrawing from Other Bank’s ATM
- Locate any bank’s ATM – other than a GTBank’s.
- Press the Enter button on the ATM.
- Select the PayCode
- Input the PayCode number you received on your mobile phone.
- Enter your pre-selected Cash-Out PIN Number. You set this during your request on your mobile phone.
- Enter Amount – the same selected during your request on your phone.
- Press Enter The ATM should dispenser your cash.
How to Use UBA Cardless Withdrawal Service
To use UBA cardless withdrawal service, follow the below procedures:
- From the mobile number you registered with, dial “*919*30*Amount#” and follow the on-screen prompts.
- You should receive a cashout code sent to your mobile phone via SMS.
- Locate any cardless-enabled ATM (most ATMs these days are).
- Press any button on the machine.
- Select “Paycode Cashout”.
- If prompted to input your cashout code, enter the code you received on your phone via SMS.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw – same as you requested on your phone. Press OK.
- Once your transaction is verified, the ATM should dispense cash.
NB: The maximum you can withdraw at once is #20,000 and the Paycode you receive will expire in 24hrs.
How to Use Diamond Bank Card-Less Service: Magic Cash
You must be registered for this service to use it. To register, visit any of their branches, or simply call their Contact Centre on 0700-300-0000.
To use Diamond Bank cardless withdrawal service, follow the below procedures:
- From your registered mobile number, text “ATM” to 30811 to generate a six digits magic code.
- Visit any Diamond Bank ATM and select the Magic Cash
- Enter your registered mobile number with prefix +234.
- Enter the six digits Magic Code you received on your phone.
- Enter a 4 digits code to serve as your Magic PIN. You only need to create this during your first transaction. However, you’ll need it for future transactions.
- If prompted to confirm your Magic PIN, enter the 4 digits code again.
- Proceed to perform your transaction.
How to Use Access Bank Cardless Withdrawal Service
To use Access Bank cardless withdrawal service, follow the below procedures:
- Dial “*903#” from your registered mobile number.
- Select Withdraw Money
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and validate the transaction with your PIN.
- You will receive a transaction code via SMS. Keep it.
- Locate any Access Bank ATM.
- Press “0” on the machine to perform a cardless withdrawal.
- Select Access Money, input your phone number, amount initiated, the transaction code received and select Continue.
- The ATM should dispense your cash.
How to Use Fidelity Bank Cardless Withdrawal Service
To use Fidelity Bank cardless withdrawal service, follow the below procedures:
- From your registered mobile number, dial “*770*8*Amount#”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create a one-time Pin (OTP).
- On the next screen, input your Instant Banking PIN to confirm the transaction.
- A Paycode is then generated directly from your Fidelity account and sent to your registered mobile number.
- Locate any ATM.
- Press any key on the ATM and select PayCode Cashout or Dial4Cash.
- Enter the 4 digits one-time PIN you created earlier.
- Punch in the Paycode that you received on your mobile number.
- Enter the amount – same as you entered at the beginning of this procedure – and receive your cash.
How to Use Union Bank Cardless Withdrawal Service
To use Union Bank cardless withdrawal service, follow the below procedures:
- From the mobile number registered with your account number, dial “*826#”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to generate a Paycode and PIN.
- Proceed to any cardless-enabled ATM.
- Punch the Enter key on the machine and select Paycode
- Follow the prompts to finalize your transaction.
- Receive your cash.
How to Use Wema Bank Cardless Withdrawal Service
Wema Bank users will have to use the bank’s Cash-on-the-Go service to perform cardless withdrawals.
To use Wema Bank cardless withdrawal service, follow the below procedures:
- From the mobile number associated with your account, dial “*945*8*Amount#”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to generate a transaction code.
- Visit any Wema Bank ATM and withdraw your cash.
Performing a Cardless Withdrawal on Other Banks Using Verve World PayCode App
Verve World is an app powered by Interswitch that allows its users perform cardless transactions right from their mobile phones, ATMs, and Point-of-Sales (POS).
One of the major uses of this app is to make cardless withdrawals from major banks in Nigeria. Banks that currently support the Verve PayCode cardless withdrawal service are: Zenith, First Bank, Access Bank, GTB, FCMB, Diamond Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Union Bank, Skye Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Heritage Bank, Wema Bank, Fidelity, UBA, Unity Bank, and Sterling Bank.
The Verve World works by helping a user generate a PayCode – a 10-14 digit code which can be used to get money from the ATM, Paypoint Agent Location or used for payments on the POS at Merchant locations. The PayCode can then be used to make a cardless withdrawal on any of the supported bank’s ATM.
Using Verve World PayCode App
- Download Verve World app from Playstore, or App Store.
- Register for free and link your preferred ATM card.
- After installing the app, navigate to and open it.
- Click on ‘PayCode menu‘ from within the app
- Choose a payment channel.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Choose a cashout pin.
- Select your already-linked ATM card.
- Enter your card PIN.
- Click on ‘Get Paycode‘
- A PayCode will be generated for you which expires after your withdrawal or 24 hours (if not used)
- Proceed to any of your bank’s ATM afterwards and select the Verve PayCode option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and receive your cash from the ATM.
This is as much as I know about banks that support the cardless withdrawal option in Nigeria. This list might not be complete though; some banks could have the option too but I never found out. You can dial your bank’s mobile banking USSD code and check if the option exists, or simply contact your bank’s customer care centre to make enquiries about the service.
Do you know the procedures for using the cardless withdrawal option for any bank not already listed here? Share it in the comments section, and help someone that may need it!