Over the many years, Facebook has gone through a lot of updates and features additions. This is all in the quest to improve user experience and get them to stick around even longer.
One of it’s recent updates, although been here for a while, is allowing users put coloured backgrounds behind their status updates and posts. This beautifies things more, compared to just the regular old black texts over white background style we know.
In this article, you’ll learn how to put a coloured background to your Facebook statuses and timeline posts. Read on.
How to Add a Coloured Background to Your Facebook Post or Status
To create a status or post with a red (or any other colour) background on Facebook, do the following:
- Log in into your Facebook account in your web browser or on the mobile app.
- Tap on What’s on your mind? at the top of your timeline or news feed.
- On the next screen, type in what you want to post in the text field.
- Just below the text field are small coloured square patterns – these are the backgrounds available for you to use. Select whichever you like (say the red square)
- After that, tap on the Share or Post button at the bottom or top-right corner of the page.
- Select if you’ll like to share to your News Feed alone, Story, or both.
- Afterwards, tap on Share Now.
To add a coloured background to a post in any group on Facebook:
- Tap on Write something at the top of the posts in the group.
- Write your post in the text field and select a coloured square to use below it.
- Tap on Post at the bottom or top-right corner of the screen.
To change a Facebook post background after you’ve already shared it, follow the quick steps below:
- Find your already shared post within your timeline or the group you shared it in.
- Tap on … that is just at the top-right corner of your post.
- Tap on Edit Post.
- Tap Background Colour.
- Select a new colour or pattern.
- Tap on Save at the top-right corner of the page.
Adding a coloured background to your Facebook post is not so different from the way you’ve been creating posts before. The only extra step here is selecting the background colour you like when creating the post, and that’s it.
Help share this post on your Facebook timeline if it helped in anyway. Thanks, and have a good day!